Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Spider Killer

Even though we definitely live in the suburbs, this area hasn't been developed for all that long so I feel like the bugs and other small pests tend to be a little worse here than in places that have had people living there for 30 years. Regardless, we have major bug issues in the spring and fall and Jason does have to spray even though I'd prefer to avoid that. He's probably about due to spray again because we have had a recent infestation of some spiders and also a ton of rolly pollies and a few crickets. Today I smashed a fairly large spider by the back door with my shoe. I generally don't like killing bugs, but when it comes to spiders in my home, I do kill them because I don't know if they are harmful and my children and pets lack common sense in this area. So Hannah saw me do that and thought, "Hmm, I guess today we are smashing the floor with shoes". And went over there and hit her shoe against the floor for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment