Friday, September 26, 2014

A Crazy Travel Week

Although I travel a lot for work by most people's standards, I'm generally not gone that much.  On average, I'm gone one night a week.  It's been a little more than that in the past month or so, but this week was one of the heaviest travel weeks I've ever had.  I left on Monday to go to Connecticut, and then on Tuesday I flew to Columbus, OH.  I had four meetings in Columbus on Wednesday and then flew to Louisville that night.  I had three meetings in Louisville on Thursday, and then flew home today.  The meetings were everything from basic business meetings to demos to POCs to a BI and Big Data Analytics Meetup.  All told, I had meetings in CT, OH, IN, and KY, and I also drove through parts of NY and NJ.  Not to mention my three trips to Atlanta for layovers, meaning I stepped on a plane seven different times this week.  Other than Kickoffs or Bootcamp, I don't think I've ever been gone that long for one trip.  But most of the meetings were productive, and I did rack up the frequent flyer miles (or in my case, segments), so that will help me in my efforts to get my Platinum Medallion status on Delta again this year, which is good.  Here I am this morning in front of a Kentucky Derby statue as I prepared to board my last set of flights to bring me home to KC.

No comments:

Post a Comment