Sunday, September 28, 2014

36!


Today I turned 36 and had a really good birthday. First, I had a relaxing morning because Jason watched the kids and I got to take a super long time to get ready. I really like to take my time in the morning, but I often end up doing things like letting my hair air dry due to time, so it was really nice to be leisurely. Then we got lunch from Chili's and then did cake and birthday time. The cake was super great. I had forgotten that at the K-State Open House, we had tried samples of "Nothing Bundt Cake" and I had said it was the best cake ever and I wanted it for my birthday. But Jason didn't forget and so that's what I got. It was super great. Then I opened my gifts. I got a serger, which I am excited about because that really allows you to sew items that you could potentially wear or that will last over time. I hope I can figure it out in time for my Christmas sewing.

In the afternoon, the kids went to Ron and Peg's, and Jason I ate at J. Gilbert's. I had never been there before, but I love a good steak, so I was excited to try it. I got the filet and scallops combo. The steak was super great and very enjoyable. The scallops were okay, but I felt they were more cooked than I prefer and not that flavorful so I would probably just get the steak if I were going again. It was a really nice dinner and a great way to wrap up my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment