Saturday, September 6, 2014

10 Years, 364 Days


We are fortunate enough to be able to have a date night once a month.  Those nights are especial to us, and although we sometimes go somewhere new for dinner, we often stick with places we know.  But for our anniversary, and sometimes for Valentine's Day, I try to find a place that we haven't gone before that I think Meghan will like, which is no small feat, as Kansas City doesn't have as many good restaurants as you'd think, and Meghan is somewhat picky.  I think I have a pretty good track record so far of finding great places.  Our anniversary is tomorrow, but tonight is our celebratory dinner, and tonight I put my good record on the line again by choosing Renée Kelly's Harvest.  It's a farm-to-table restaurant, which I've been on a kick of lately, that's in Shawnee.  It's building is an old castle-style structure that's over 100 years old.  It really stands out among the other nearby buildings.  It was dark when we were done, so we didn't get a great picture in front of it.  But out food was excellent, and the drinks were delicious and creative.  The weather was nice, so we were also able to eat outside, which is what we were hoping to do.  It was a really great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment