Monday, June 30, 2014

The Living is Easy

 Today we had a pleasant and lazy summer day. First we did bubbles (yes in the house. It was insanely hot and humid out. Not that the kids care. In fact when I said it was kind of hot to go out, Joshua told me he liked it hot outside and he would like to stay outside for two weeks. But I care.).

Later, we had popsicles. These are yummy summer treats that we frequently have had this summer. I originally made them with soy yogurt, but recently the kids tried the ones I make for me which are soy-free and now they don't enjoy the soy yogurt ones as much. Not that I blame them. I find vanilla soy milk drinkable, but not super enjoyable, but I have found the non-dairy yogurts to be quite gross. To be fair, I am not big on any type of yogurt, though I don't dislike it, so I may not be the target audience. Clara generally enjoys soy yogurt on its own, so maybe it just doesn't freeze well. More recently I have been making the popsicles with juice and lactaid milk. They seem to like them much more now. I could make them with just juice, but the fat in the milk or yogurt makes them a little less hard which makes them more enjoyable to eat.

In the evening, Jason took the kids out while I made dinner and practiced catch with Joshua for baseball tomorrow. The girls played tee ball and generally ran around. The humidity is not ideal, but I really enjoy these long and warm days.

No comments:

Post a Comment