Friday, June 20, 2014

Returning the Favor

I took the kids outside today while Meghan was making dinner, and as they often do, they gravitated toward the swings. Our swing set only has two swings, so Joshua and Hannah were the first ones to swing, with Hannah in her baby/safety swing. While I was pushing Joshua, Hannah requested to be pushed again ("Swing! Swing!"). I was finishing up with Joshua, and I think Clara noticed, so she volunteered to do her best to push Hannah. She wasn't able to do much, but it was sweet she tried, and soon I was able to take over. Later Hannah said she was done, so Clara took a turn in her swing, since it was the only one available, and at one point while I was pushing Joshua, Hannah toddled over and did her best to return the favor by pushing Clara.  She was even less effective than Clara had been when pushing her, but I was proud of her for coming up with the idea to try to help out her sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment