Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Big Day

Today was a really busy day. First, Clara got to have a special day with Grandma and Grandpa by herself. Halie was here with the other two and they had fun as well since they got to go swimming, but Clara got to do lots of special things.
First she got a doll with a backpack carrier and food accessories to play with at Grandma's house and she was super excited since she absolutely loves babies.

Next she went with Grandma to the nail salon and got her fingers and toes painted. She thought this was very pretty and really liked it.

Finally, she got to go swimming with Grandpa as well as Uncle Andrew and Cousin Benjamin. She had a really fun day spending time with Grandma and Grandpa.

Later in the evening, Joshua and I also had some fun. First he had baseball, but then I took him out for a date. We went to Theatre in the Park's movie night to go see Cars. We started with a picnic. He refused to smile and instead made this silly face.
I have been to Theatre in the Park several times with Jason, but not with a child and if I had to do it again, I would bring toys. I didn't anticipate how much he would want to play before the movie started and he really wanted to go up to random kids and ask them to use their bubbles, glow sticks, and balls. This seems not exactly polite to me, but it's probably not really rude either since that's how kids are. I just prefer to bring our own. I successfully kept him from accosting too many people, but he did play bubbles with a kid who was sitting near us.
Joshua has never been to the movies. I think he is probably about ready now, but he is not inclined to sit still or be quiet so it's definitely only been recently that I would take him if the right movie were playing. This was a good trial run because it's okay to be a little louder and you don't have to stay in your seat and it was only $1 for me and free for him, so not a lot of money wasted if we had to leave early. However, he did enjoy Cars (he had seen it once before, but I doubt he remembered as it was over a year ago) and wanted to stay the whole time. It was almost 11 by the time it was over, so he got a little tired towards the end, but he didn't fall asleep until the drive home. We had a fun time. I hope some day I can take him to actual performances there, but this was a nice start.

No comments:

Post a Comment