Thursday, June 12, 2014

An Evening Walk

Over the past month or so, I have gotten rid of almost all my strollers. I still have two (one single and one double) because I do on occasion need a stroller still, but for the most part the kids don't prefer strollers and Clara flat out hates them. When we go on walks, the kids really prefer to ride bikes. It's really hard though, because none of them are good enough at pedaling and steering to just ride along-side us. I hope Joshua will be at that point next year, but I am not sure. He definitely is not going to be there this summer. So with some of the proceeds from the strollers, I bought a tandem tricycle. This allows everyone to have a bike. Unfortunately, it is not totally perfect because Joshua prefers to ride his larger bike, but we really need him to steer the tricycle since Clara is not able to steer yet. Most of the single bikes we have allow the parent to steer the bike with the handle, but with the trike, it is more of a push bar. Despite that, I think this is the best option we have for family bikes at this time and it was nice to get out tonight (there was a plane flying overhead as I took this. Joshua is pointing it out).

No comments:

Post a Comment