Friday, June 13, 2014

Lidia's Letdown

Earlier this year when I had an event for my work here in Kansas City, we ate at Lidia's for dinner one night.  The food was outstanding.  Meghan and I had long considered it as an option for dinner sometime, but it's not all that close to us, and it was never really compelling enough to make us go there.  But after enjoying it so much when I was there, I decided Meghan and I should go at some point.  They have outdoor seating, and the weather tonight was great, so that's where we decided to go for our date night.  Unfortunately, the food wasn't nearly as good.  The main thing they have is the pasta trio, which is three different pastas, all freshly made and as much as you want.  I guess it was just bad luck of the draw, because I had three great ones the first time, and tonight there were two decent ones and one bland one.  Meghan got the lasagna which was just average.  Oh well.  It was still a date night, which is always great even if the food isn't.  And we went to Twister's afterwards to get frozen custard, which is good every single time.

No comments:

Post a Comment