Saturday, February 8, 2014

Bringing Even More of the World to Kansas City

About a year ago my company hosted an event in Kansas City for a subset of our total technical people.  At the time, David, our VP, said it went well (and that it was affordable) and that he'd consider hosting a future event here.  He stuck to that, and this week we have technical training here in KC, but it involves nearly every customer-facing technical resource worldwide.  So we have people from Germany, France, England, Australia, Singapore, India, Japan, Canada and from many areas of the US who have all descended on Kansas City.  It's sort of weird to me.  Like we're just little Kansas City.  Why are all these people coming here?  I mean, I get it, but it's a little surreal to me.  Anyway, it's been super busy so far, with each day loaded with sessions.  And the unfortunate thing is it started on Wednesday morning and doesn't end until tomorrow afternoon.  So I've had to give up my weekend, which neither Meghan nor I are thrilled about.  And although it doesn't help Meghan, one nice thing for me is that I've gotten great food out of the deal.  We've eaten at Lidia's, Maker's Mark, and Jack Stack, as shown here.  But tomorrow is the last day, and I've had about enough of this training, so I'm looking forward to getting home and seeing my favorite people again.

No comments:

Post a Comment