Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Rare Soccer Opportunity

I've always said if I could have any job in the world, it would be a professional soccer player.  Even aside from that fantasy scenario, I would rather play soccer than do any other recreational or leisure activity.  But my opportunities are few and far between.  Since I graduated college, I've only had a handful of chances.  I once got to play as a guest player on my friend Jeff's team for one game, I was able to play in an area over-30 league for a few seasons, and I got to play pick-up soccer as part of my work travel once, but that's pretty much it.  I loved playing in the league, but that became unsustainable once we had all of our kids.  But another opportunity recently arose.  A church that we tried out before choosing LBC has weekly indoor soccer games.  I haven't played indoor since high school, but it's still soccer.  I'm taking this week off as vacation, so I had some free nights, and I decided to go play tonight.  It was super fun, and it was also a great workout.  I am often not in town on Wednesday nights or otherwise can't afford to get away for the evening, but if it works out again, I would definitely go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment