Friday, February 28, 2014

Finding Meghan

Tonight after I put the kids to bed, I came out of Joshua's room (he was last) and went downstairs to finish cleaning up.  I heard Hannah crying for a few minutes, which she sometimes does, but then it was quiet.  I went back upstairs and expected Meghan to be in our room, but she wasn't.  I noticed she wasn't in the bathroom either.  I figured she must be in our master bedroom closet, but no.  It was completely quiet, so I figured she must have gone down to the basement to get something.  I checked down there, but nothing.  After checking the garage, and verifying that her car was still here, I came to the realization that she must be in Hannah's room, as maybe she went in there to check on her and was rocking her.  I grabbed the camera, wondering if maybe there would be a good photo opp, but Hannah was the only person in there, sleeping in her crib.  I wasn't quite worried, because I knew there had to be a good explanation, but it was starting to get a little weird.  She wouldn't be outside, because it's freezing out there.  I was literally down to the coat closet, the pantry, and Clara's room as the only remaining possibilities.  She's not a weirdo who hangs out in small, dark places, so that meant she must be in Clara's room, even though I hadn't heard Clara crying, and it had been quiet for so long.  Quietly opening the door, I found her with Clara asleep on the love seat, joined by a tired Terrence.  Apparently Clara had been crying (I guess I was busy with Joshua or whatever), and Meghan had gone in there to comfort her and they had all fallen asleep on the couch.  I hadn't been worried, but it was a little uneasy with her not being in any of her normal spots, so I was glad to have everyone accounted for.    

1 comment: