Saturday, February 1, 2014

An Attempt at Deer Chili

I'm not a chef.  I can cook basic things, but that's about it.  Recently my friend Tony gave me some deer meat.  Meghan suggested that I find something to do with it, so I decided deer chili was the right move.  I found a recipe online with great reviews, so tonight I made it.  Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that well.  It gets great reviews, so I assume I messed something up somehow (cooked it too long or at too high a temperature, or who knows).  It was just very bland considering all the ingredients in it.  I also made cornbread, and that turned out fine, so the meal wasn't a total disappointment.

1 comment:

  1. No, you didn't do anything wrong. Deer meat is just very bland. I've tried it before and I was disappointed. Not a fan. The people who suggested it just don't have taste buds. lol

    ReplyDelete