Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Family of Scavengers

Today we had a dinner that I didn't really like (I really like shrimp, but there is something about pre-cooked shrimp that at times I just do not want. I think it's texture-related. I much prefer buying raw and cooking it myself, but I had somehow run out of raw shrimp) so I ate my own dinner afterwards. You would think, based on this picture, that we hadn't fed the kids, but they all ate totally sufficient dinners. As did the pugs. But no matter. Anytime I eat anything, it automatically becomes the most desired food in our house. Which can be handy in getting Clara and Hannah to eat veggies since they aren't huge fans, but overall can be a little bit annoying. I had hoped to eat my food in peace since all the kids were happily playing as I cooked it, but the moment I sat down, all their toys were abandoned and they immediately came to "share". So I split my food four ways (sorry pugs. Better luck next time), though I don't feel bad admitting that my share was the largest.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this picture is hilarious! That does seem like a good way to get them to eat vegetables if they will eat it as long as it comes from your plate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is probably my most frustrating part of parenting. I am always the last to eat cuz I feed everyone else. And it really doesn't matter if they just ate, they want mine. Luckily all I have left doing that is Lexi but she still does it 100% of the time. And since I eat different from everyone else now it seems even more so now. All the kids wanna try what I'm eating. But if I make extra so they all can, then nobody wants it. lol...grrrrr

    ReplyDelete