Saturday, March 1, 2014

A New Note

Thought it's hard to imagine living without a smart phone for most people nowadays, including me, I am not what you would call a power user either. I don't do facebook. I barely do instagram and pinterest. I don't talk or text a ton. However, I still expect my phone to work and do what I want when I want it. I cannot imagine my life without google docs, evernote, and remember the milk. Recently that had become a big problem with my old phone. There were numerous small issues such that virtually everything I use my phone for was a mild inconvenience, but I could live with that, particularly since I am not eligible for a new subsidized phone until this summer. What I could no longer live with was the very small memory. I only have a few apps, but I was constantly having to uninstall more and more and even though I had a memory card, it did not help because android does not allow you to store apps on a card (super annoying). I really had nothing else to remove from my phone that wouldn't be a serious problem for me so I decided it was time for a new phone. Because I loathe looking at phones, I asked Jason to find me one and he thought a Samsung Note would be the best one. We looked on craigslist and ebay (when I say we I mean he) and he found this one on craigslist in excellent condition for only slightly more than one would cost from Sprint if I waited until summer. So far I really love it and it has tons more space so I can have all the apps I want (which is like five for the record) and I am really happy without it. Not only can I live my life without the constant annoyance of an out-of-memory error, but several other things that were wrong with my old phone are now no longer an issue, so it has been really great. Plus, I like the larger size. I used to use a tablet for cooking, but Joshua has pretty much co-opted that for himself. So now I use my phone and the larger screen is really nice in reading recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment