Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hang in There

There are multiple things I do not miss about school and am not very excited to experience with my own children. The worst of which is probably teachers who deeply regret their career choice and take it out on the kids they teach. Luckily I haven't had to deal with that as a parent yet, though I seriously doubt that will continue all through school. On the very minor side of things, there are lame and cheesy posters that are supposed to be inspirational. There are many that I remember from my years in school. One of the least objectionable ones was the cat one that said "Hang in There" . My least favorites were definitely anything with Snoopy, particularly this one because it seemed completely pointless. And this one was also never high on my list due to its ridiculousness. I mean even as a kid, I could see that college didn't quite work out that way for my teachers or anyone else I knew. Apparently Joshua is a child after my own heart. He got this poster with his book order. I asked him what he thought it was and he said, "Paper for ripping". Pretty much. I did not let him rip it because we are working on respect for property, but there is no way it doesn't end up in the recycling bin in the very near future.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I remember those posters...and I also had a lot of stickers like that too.
    That poster for higher education is ridiculous and completely false and I feel it is sending the message that money is the only important thing in life.

    ReplyDelete