Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Barbecue

I travel a lot for my job, so there are a lot of times where Meghan isn't really getting much of a break from the kids.  We agreed that this afternoon and evening would be a time for me to care for the kids so she could relax, read her Kindle, etc.  This morning I went to Julie and Andrew's to help them rebuild their fence, and they had also invited us over in the evening for a Memorial Day barbecue.  I brought the kids by myself, which allowed Meghan to have a completely quiet house (minus pet noise). Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so I had to use my cell phone for pictures.

When we arrived, the kids immediately wanted to go downstairs, and Hannah spotted the Exersaucer, which she seemed to remember from back in the day.  She asked for help getting in it, and although she didn't actually jump (it was sized for Benjamin, not her), she enjoyed playing with the toys.

Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Brent were also invited (Mom and Ron are still in Vegas after their cruise), so we were able to chat before dinner.  The kids enjoyed the kid toys to some extent (Hannah with the tower, Clara reminiscing with the bus, etc.), but the cat toys ended up being the favorite toys of pretty much everyone.  All four cousins were even playing together at one point, which was cute.

For dinner, Andrew grilled us steaks and hot dogs, and we had sweet potato tots, smiley face potato/fries things, and other sides as well.  For dessert we had angel food cake, Super Mario Brothers cupcakes, and Meghan's caramel fudge brownies (I don't know what they're actually called, but they're delicious).  The kids did well at dinner, and it was really nice to celebrate Memorial Day with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment