Friday, October 3, 2014

Teapot Time


Tomorrow is Hannah's party, and I'm designing and decorating the cake, as I normally do for our kids' parties.  As usual, I didn't start early enough, so I have a whole lot to do tonight.  We are doing a tea party theme for Hannah, and I'm doing a teapot cake.  This involves some new techniques for me.  First, I need a spherical cake.  Fortunately I found a spherical mold on Amazon, which is marketed as being for sports ball cakes, but I'll use it for the body of the teapot.  Second, I needed to use gum paste, which will allow me to make the spout and the handle of the teapot.  Gum paste needs time to dry, so I made those pieces last night.  Meghan baked the cake while I put the kids to bed, so now I'm ready to turn the idea in my head into a cake for Hannah.  It's going to be a long night, so I've already taken out my contacts, and since the rest of the house will be sleeping, I have my headphones on.  Here I am with a box of fondant and a bag of gum paste, the two main components of my decorating.  I did get a new rolling/cutting mat as well as a fondant rolling pin, which I'm excited to use as new tools for my trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment