Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Bedtime Books


After we brush teeth at bedtime, we read a book.  Sometimes the kids also get an additional one-on-one book time, but when I put the kids to bed, we always at least do one book with everyone.  We read on the couch in Clara's room now that we have that.  Previously we read on the white plush rocking chair that we got when Joshua was born, but we soon outgrew that, although there was a time where I would squeeze in it with all three kids.  But Natalie likes to join us too, so we really needed the extra space that the couch now provides.

We've collected an array of books over the past few years.  Sometimes I will let the kids choose, but usually that doesn't work because now that Hannah is opinionated, it's hard to get a consensus.  So usually I'll make a suggestion and can get them to go with it.  Sometimes I choose one of my favorites, and sometimes I'll choose one that we haven't read in awhile.  One of my favorites is Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site, and the kids like it a lot too.  For a long time Everywhere Babies was a staple, but they don't choose it as much now.  Other ones that have been or currently are favorites include Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?No, David!, The Crown on Your HeadOnce, I Ate a Pie, Baby Dance, How I Became a Pirate, Bad Kitty, Leaf Hunt, "The Grandpa Williams Book" as they call it, Tikki Tikki Tembo, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, "The Big Jesus Book" (one of Joshua's Bibles), The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and from way back in the day: Fuzzy Bee and Friends.  They like their books, and I enjoy reading to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment