Monday, October 6, 2014

An Afternoon With Grandpa and Grandma (and Alex Trebek)

Although I have plenty of available vacation, because of how busy I am with my job right now, it's really hard to find time that I can take it. But I knew I could really use a little time to do prep work for Hannah's party, so I took last Thursday and Friday off, and because I always have a million things to do around the house, I took today and tomorrow off as well.  One thing I've been disappointed in is how little I've been able to see my grandparents since they moved back.  So I decided to take advantage of my scheduled free time to go see them.  One of my favorite activities to do with them in 1989 and 1990 when we lived with them in Iowa was to watch Jeopardy with them.  They still watch it, and I still like it but pretty much never get to see it, so I made sure to be over to their house today in time to watch Jeopardy together, which was really fun.  Afterward, they had been having some issues with their computer and internet service, so I worked with Grandpa in the office to get everything set up for them so they could access the internet from their computer and laptop and again have access to their old e-mail account.  It was a really nice afternoon, and I'm really hopeful that I can somehow find more time to spend with them.  (And props to Grandma for successfully taking these pictures using my unwieldy phone, which isn't easy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment