Saturday, August 2, 2014

You and Me and Baby Makes Three

Today for my date day with Hannah, I decided to take her to the mall.  I had taken Clara to the mall for one of my first date days with her, and it went well, so I thought it might be something Hannah would like as well.  We started off by eating lunch in the food court with food from Original Pizza, which is probably not original in any way, but it was good.

Accompanying us on this date day was Baby.  As we've recently mentioned, Hannah loves her baby.  I figured she'd be happier bringing Baby into the mall with us, so I didn't try to persuade Hannah otherwise.  As you can see, she loves Baby, and she went everywhere with us.  Scavenger hunt: Try to find a picture in this post where she's not holding Baby, other than while we were eating.  Wait, don't waste your time.  There are none.  This girl loves her baby.

Hannah was content to hold my hand as we walked through the mall.  I didn't want to deal with a stroller, and I figured she'd be fine, and she was.  She just toddled along with me wherever we went, hand in hand.  We went up and down the escalator, and she had a little trepidation about that, but she got over it quickly.

As soon as she saw the carousel, she requested to ride on it.  I wasn't sure she was serious about it, so I took her over to the play area nearby, and she pointed back to the carousel and said, "No!  Dis!".  Okay, message received.  So we went back over and bought a token, and she got to ride a zebra, which she liked a decent amount.

She had dutifully held my hand the entire time, so I wanted to give her a chance to run around a little bit.  I found an open area and told her she could go run.  She went down a ways and then came back, and that was it.  She didn't relish the opportunity to run free as Clara had in the same situation, but that meshes with their personalities, so it wasn't too surprising.

On the way home I wanted to stop by Nordstrom Rack.  I had been there once before and had found a shirt I like, but Matt recently was telling me about the good experiences he's had there, so I wanted to go back, and since it is right by Oak Park, this was a good time.  I found a few shirts I liked, and Hannah did a great job of staying with me.  We had a spacious dressing room (the attendant noticed I had a small child and gave me the handicapped one), and she ran around gleefully.  We were way late for nap, so we then headed home.  But it was a really fun date day, and I'm really happy that Hannah is old enough now for us to do things together and have fun hanging out.

1 comment: