Friday, August 8, 2014

A Day at the Park with my Future Tailgaters


 It had been awhile since we had been to the park. We have had a lot of hot and rainy weather of late and, plus, I usually say we can go out and do something fun if they clean up their toys and lately they have been choosing to not pick up toys which means we stay home. However, today the weather was great and they did pick up their toys so off we went. Today I chose to go to Frontier Park . This is a smaller neighborhood park that maybe isn't the newest park in the world, but it is a really great size for preschoolers and they don't have much that you have to be tall to play on. They also have two baby swings and two regular swings all in a row, which is pretty great for us. Apparently I am not alone in liking this park because there are usually a lot of moms with their preschoolers around so there are other kids around to play with, which my kids like. However today I did not remember to bring our bubbles and some other moms did, which made Joshua very disappointed being the fan of bubbles that he is.

After we played, I let them eat snacks in the back of our car. They think this is so special and fun and I really think that when they are old enough to attend sporting events, they are going to love tail-gating. They are usually okay with but not excited about snacks, but if I say we can eat in the back of the car, they are totally there. No one even cried when I said it was time to leave the playground area today because I bribed them with eating in the back of the car. We had a lot of fun at the park today and I hope we will be able to go many more times before it gets cold. School starts for big kids next week which always empties out the parks so we will definitely take advantage of that and go to our more popular favorites once that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment