Sunday, August 24, 2014

Ice Bucket Challenge

What really causes something to go viral (in an internet sense) is sometimes a little hard to figure out, but usually it's a combination of different things. Recently something called the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has been spreading like, well, a virus through social media, primarily through Facebook.  The idea is that if nominated/challenged, you have to take a video of yourself dumping a bucket of ice water on your head.  You then have to post your video and then challenge others to do it, which most people challenging three other people.  If you get challenged, you have to either pour the ice water over your head within 24 hours, or else donate to the ALS Association, although many people choose to do both.  Today I was challenged by my friend Steve Tilden.  I had just got done mowing the yard, and it was in the 90s today, so it sounded like a refreshing way to cool off.  I found an old bucket, added some ice, and recruited three little kids to join me.  Meghan filmed it, and I did it!  It was cold, but not as bad as I thought it would be.  The picture on the left is the picture we took beforehand, and the one on the right is a screenshot from the video.  I challenged my friends Jeff, Drew, and Jason Keeler.

No comments:

Post a Comment