Friday, August 1, 2014

Rocking Out '90s Style


I don't really have much in the way of hobbies, but outside of family things, and aside from spending time with my friends, I'm not sure what I'd list as hobbies.  But two things I really like to do that I feel are good uses of my time based on how much I enjoy them are playing soccer and going to concerts.  My friend Jeff had heard about this concert and had bought tickets for us to go.  The band Everclear runs the tour, and each of the past three years they have teamed up with three or four other bands that were big in the '90s to go on a summer tour called Summerland (named after one of Everclear's songs).  Jeff and I both really liked Everclear in high school and college, and still do to a lesser extent, so we planned to go to this year's concert.  The other bands included Eve 6 (one of my all-time favorites), Soul Asylum (lots of good songs), and Space Hog (a one-hit wonder with "In the Meantime").  Unfortunately, Jeff backed out at the last minute, but I went by myself to Sandstone and had a great time.  I loved the bands and the songs, and I happily paid an extra $5 at the gate to upgrade to the floor seats by the stage.  If they do it again next year and come to the KC area, I'll hopefully be able to go again.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds fun. I really like 90s music (especially Everclear and Eve 6).

    ReplyDelete