Sunday, December 14, 2014

Spontaneity

 It had been forever since we had seen our friends, the Hansons. They got their kids back and our hoping to move to adoption now and it has taken awhile for them to re-adjust to being a household of 10. Plus then we went out of town for Thanksgiving and have been busy with Christmas preparations. However, since our date night was cancelled, we now had this morning free so I decided we should have brunch together. I am the least spontaneous person ever. I plan everything. So I am kind of proud of hosting a last-minute (ish. I had 24 hours notice. But I usually try to have at least 24 days) brunch for 15 people and still making it to church. I didn't even go to the grocery store until after church. That's how spontaneous I am. I did mess up the waffles, unfortunately, but we had enough food that it wasn't a big deal and it went really well, though of course it's a far cry from when we used to all just talk because all our kids were asleep. Those days may be gone.

After naps and dinner, our advent activity for tonight was to decorate a gingerbread house.

This year I bought a house that was pre-assembled, making this a fun and quick activity.

After we were done decorating, we, and especially the kids, enjoyed the fruits of our labor. We had a busy, but fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment