Monday, December 8, 2014

A Brief Respite from the Cold

I am pretty much already sick of winter and it hasn't even officially started yet. Luckily Joshua has decided that he has a warm jacket and warm boots so he will go outside for awhile by himself most days, but Clara and Hannah usually won't and even Joshua won't stay out as long if I'm not there and I am not really excited to go outside when it's colder than freezing so cold days end up being very long for us. Today we had a respite from the cold and got to go to the park because the high was in the low 50s. We all enjoyed our time outside and, though I had originally planned to drive to the park, the kids wanted to walk. So we took our tandem trike and Joshua and Clara took turns steering. Finally they are both mostly able to do it well enough to not go careening off the sidewalk, which is really nice. Now that we've reached that milestone, naturally they argue over who gets to sit in the front and steer (Hannah just wants to sit in the back and ride. I am considering ordering a third piece and making it a triple bike). I had originally ordered two bells for the trike, but one broke while we were installing it and so we only have one. I am actually really glad that it happened that way because the bell is on the back so I feel like it makes it more fair that whoever isn't steering gets the bell. We enjoyed the nice day, though tomorrow it's back to cold unfortunately. So far it looks like it should warm back up for the weekend, so hopefully it won't be too long before we go out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment