Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Fantastic Final Christmas

Today we had Christmas with Dad, Deb, and my siblings and our spouses and children.  We all met up at Julie and Andrew's house and started with a great brunch.

Dad had fun with the kids disassembling a bow and then using it as a rope.

Benjamin continued to hone his skills as a photographer.

Among the gifts, I was most amazed by the Ocean book that Dad and Deb gave to our kids.  It's really amazing and is something you can't appreciate until you see it, as it uses a technique called photicular to make the pictures look like videos embedded in the pages.  But the most special gift to me was a bottle of Crown Royal with my name embroidered on the bag.  I don't drink very often, but when I do I want to drink something I like, and ever since college (uh, I mean ever since I turned 21), Crown has been my liquor of choice.  Dad knows that, and so he and Deb came up with that as a personalized gift, which I thought was very cool.

In the afternoon we played some games, and then because we're a bunch of board game fiends, I came back in the evening after the kids went to bed so we could all play for a few more hours.  It was a great day, and I think we all enjoyed having essentially the full day at our disposal, so we didn't feel rushed.  It was also really special to have the three siblings in one place with all of our spouses and children, similar to what Meghan had with her sisters when we were in Las Vegas.  Sadly, though, this ends the Christmas season, at least in terms of activities, events, and Christmases (and a bonus wedding!), but we've been able to see so much of our families over the past couple months, and for that we are very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment