Friday, December 19, 2014

A Snowy Day

 As I mentioned, it snowed the night before last. It wasn't a ton of snow so school was still in session, but not nothing. Because yesterday was a school day, we didn't really have time to play in the snow. So today, the kids really wanted to. I knew there probably wouldn't be much left by the end of today, so we did it first thing. 

And when I say "we" I mean Joshua and Clara. I don't like going out in the cold so, while I would if asked because I really love them, they really didn't care if I did or not. Also, I always think Hannah has a bad attitude about everything and is way different than the other kids, but honestly she's in most ways a lot like me. So she doesn't really like going outside and certainly not when it's cold and she said she wanted to stay inside. But Joshua and Clara stayed outside probably an hour and a half and had a great time shoveling our backyard. We only have one kid snow shovel, so Clara used our crab sand shovel. 

In the evening, Jason took the kids out to deliver Christmas treats to our neighbors. We like to share the holiday spirit with them so he stopped by all the houses on our street. This year I made caramels, fudge, sables, dipped Oreos, and dipped mandarins. Though caramels are always my favorite, the mandarins (cuties dipped in bittersweet/60% cacao and lightly salted) were super duper good. And they are super easy because you can melt the chocolate in the microwave so you don't even need to turn on the stove. Caramel, while not complicated or hard, isn't super easy because you have to watch it and use a candy thermometer and also my least favorite part is wrapping them once they are cut. But the oranges are super easy and delicious and really not that bad for you as treats go so I recommend you make some right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment