Sunday, December 28, 2014

A Sunny Leafy Winter Day

Our church wasn't holding services today, which left me with a larger block of time than I normally get with the kids on Sunday (it's usually pretty much Hannah's nap time by the time we finish lunch after we get home from church).  Our trees drop their leaves late, so since I last mowed there have been quite a few that have fallen in the back yard.  The weather was chilly but sunny today, so I decided to rake all the leaves in the back yard.  I attempted to enlist three little helpers, but of course Hannah wasn't interested in going out in the cold, so I started with just Joshua and Clara.  But later Hannah decided she wanted in on the party and joined us.  We don't have a toy rake, and they wanted to help, so we just gave them whatever implements we thought might satisfy them.  Joshua used his broom, Clara used her plastic sand shovel, and Hannah had an orange trowel with a frog on it ("her froggy shovel").  They went right to work on my piles of leaves, which of course caused me to have to re-rake them, but I was more than happy to do so, as they were having lots of fun helping me.  Joshua several times excitedly declared, "Dad, three guys are helping you rake!"  The weather is supposed to turn cold this coming week, so I was glad we were able to get in a day of some outside fun while we still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment