Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Video Fans

I would like my children to only like to read books, not watch tv. If they do watch tv, I would like them to prefer educational and quality programs. Unfortunately, my kids don't really care what I want them to like. One of Joshua's favorite things to watch are shows on the "angry bird" channel on the tablet which offer a variety of not-very-quality shows. His favorite is some sort of show really similar to Tom and Jerry but instead of a cat and mouse I think it's a bug and cat maybe. It is really his favorite thing to do so we definitely limit it or he would watch it all day. Recently Clara has taken a liking to it as well and I am totally disappointed. But I also remember what shows I liked as a kid and there were a lot of shows with no redeeming value whatsoever that I totally loved, so I think it is probably normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment