Monday, July 28, 2014

Finding Friends at Deanna Rose

Today was the first Monday in forever that it was nice out so I took the kids to Deanna Rose. It was also the first day in quite some time that it wasn't super hot so about 50% of Kansas City had the same idea. When we got there, Clara said, "There are a lot of kids". And there were. But we still had fun, except maybe Hannah. For whatever reason she told me she wanted to stay in the stroller with her baby while being strapped in (that was key. She was not cool with the straps being off). Okay, whatever, Hannah. Our first stop, as always, were the playgrounds since my kids generally like those more than the animals.

While we were at the main playground, we ran into the Keelers, who were among the 50% of the metro area in attendance. It had been quite some time since I had seen Hudson and I cannot believe how big he is and how adorable. I love those chubby knees! Hadley also has gotten big and Clara thought she was about the most impressive girl she had ever seen.

After that we took a quick snack break and then went on to see some animals.

We had a lot of fun seeing many animals and even Hannah perked up a little by the end. Then it was time to go home and get some lunch. We had a fun time out enjoying the weather and I was glad we could finally go somewhere on a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment