Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Soccer Ball Shoes

I have been working at getting the kids' fall wardrobes put together. When I had one kid and when I had little kids who grew a lot (ha, well in theory. I think really only Joshua grew a lot, and only in the first year, but it was always a possibility that it could happen) I just bought clothes whenever they were needed. But now I like to plan everything out of what I need when. When possible, I try to buy clearance at the end of the previous season, though that's still very hard for the girls because their growth is unpredictable. I also buy used or from resellers and do hand-me-downs for the girls when possible. This all leads to me pretty much always being on the lookout for clothes for one season or another. But one thing I wait until reasonably close to the time I need it to buy is shoes because it is so hard to estimate what size shoes kids will wear. Not only can growth be unpredictable, but there is a lot of variation on foot-size among kids who are otherwise very similar in build so it's just not something you can guess on.

It is getting pretty close to the start of school so I have been getting shoes. For fall I typically buy one pair of athletic shoes and one pair of nicer casual shoes for each kid, plus the girls get dress shoes. Today we tried on the athletic shoes and they fit so that was good. I wasn't prepared for how excited they would be about them. They pretty much refused to take them off and were totally pumped to wear their "soccer ball shoes" (this was what Joshua said and since the girls believe he is the smartest boy in the world, now they all call them that). They were more than happy to line up and let their special shoes be photographed. You can tell bright shoes are the cool thing at the moment. They love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment