Saturday, January 4, 2014

Prepping for the Cold

The weather forecast is calling for some pretty ridiculous temperatures for us.  Late Sunday and into Monday we are supposed to have temperatures well below zero, which doesn't happen that often here in Kansas.  You can see the details on the screenshot I took from my phone last night.  (Although I seemed to get little sympathy from my family and colleagues in Minnesota, probably because their projected Monday low is -26 and the high temperature is supposed to be -14.)  To prepare for this, I need to do a few things around the house, such as put insulation covers on the outside faucets and fix the weatherstripping on the front and back doors.  So after soccer I took Joshua with me to go to Home Depot, and as always, he was a fun and happy little co-shopper.  We then went to Costco, but by the time we were done it was nearly lunchtime, so I decided we would eat there.  It reminded me of the time he and I ate there what I thought was not so long ago, but after I looked it up in the blog, it was a year and a half ago!  Look at how little he was!  This time he could eat a piece by himself without needing it in bites, and he seemed less in danger of completely falling off the bench.  In the window next to him, he spotted the pizza-maker guy.  He found this fascinating and couldn't help but stare at the guy and the pizzas as they were being made.  The guy probably didn't love being watched that closely, but I would guess when your job location is right next to a large glass window where customers sit, you probably get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment