Tuesday, January 14, 2014

An Age-Appropriate, but Not Delightful Phase

Hannah is overall a very easy-going baby and is pretty happy. She does not like being messed with so if you try to wipe her nose or clean her ears or anything like that, she isn't thrilled, but otherwise as long as I don't leave the room, she is super happy. In my growth and development email about her age-group I got this week, it said, "If your 15-month-old has started whining or screaming, you're experiencing his intense desire to interact with you. Children thrive on their parents' attention, and a toddler this age will do just about anything to get yours.". I am not sure if that is her motivation or not, but I guess it's good to know that her new phase of having small tantrums is age-appropriate. I feel like it really seems more like she has realized she has choices and she can decide to do what she wants rather than an attention thing, but I am not really sure. What I do know is there are more moments like what you see above than there used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment