Friday, January 10, 2014

Edging Closer to a New Car

We've been considering trading my car in for awhile, as it doesn't hold enough car seats (at most two, and only if one is front-facing), it's a stick shift (so Meghan can't drive it), and it just generally not practical.  Also it's getting up there in years where it is more likely to have expensive repairs.  On the other hand, it's paid off.  But I've been looking at cars so when it's time to pull the trigger, I have an idea of what I'd want.  I really like the Ford Edge.  When I dropped my car off for service at the dealership, I noticed they had a Ford Edge in the pre-owned car lot.  I decided to test drive it since I was there anyway, and the dealership knew I was going to be without a car for a few days, so they told me I could just keep it as a loaner car during that time, which was nice.  They also were hoping I might like it so much I'd buy it, so their motives weren't completely altruistic.  Although the model I prefer is the Sport model, this was the Limited, which is still very nice.  I've been driving it for a couple days now, and I really like it.  The SYNC and MyFord Touch system is really nice and convenient. I can voice-command almost everything, and it even reads text messages that I receive while driving. And it's black, which is the only color of car I want at this point.  But it lacks a sunroof, and that's one of the most important things to me in a car.  So I don't think I'll be buying this one, and I'll keep my little RX-8 for now, but I liked it enough that I will strongly consider a Ford Edge Limited when the time comes to replace my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment