Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Two Year Check

Hannah turned two over a month ago, but today I took her to the doctor for her two year check. I am working on moving the exams a couple months at a time now that we are only going once (for the older kids) or twice (for Hannah) a year so that we will be in the summer by the time they start school. This was a pretty non-eventful visit. Hannah was extremely skeptical of Dr. Stuppy and pretty much wanted nothing to do with her and just kind of gave her glares. But despite not exactly having a willing patient, Dr. Stuppy was able to complete the exam and Hannah is doing great. They said she was in the 56% for height and 21% for weight. I am not totally sure I agree with the height they got, but in any case her weight is really great and that's the one we care most about and she has definitely made really good strides in height too, even if it may not be quite as tall as they measured. I was kind of nervous about her weight because she is so super picky and often doesn't eat dinner at all, so I was really happy that she is somehow managing to gain weight despite that. My general food policy is they can eat whatever they want for breakfast, for lunch I give them something they will definitely like, but not always everything they like, and for dinner I make whatever I want to eat. So, though she doesn't always choose to eat anything for dinner, she sometimes also has four bowls of chex for breakfast. So my guess is the growth is 70% chex based on her diet, though I can't be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment