Saturday, November 8, 2014

Riding Bikes and Eating Sushi

When we went to Florida this year, we decided we wanted to make bike riding a family activity/hobby.  By the time we had acquired all the necessary components (bikes, trailer, WeeHoo, etc.) we were well into the hot part of the summer, so we haven't had as many opportunities to do it as we'd like, but we've gone multiple times, and it's always gone well.  But now winter is around the corner (apparently this coming week, based on the forecast), so although it's chilly today, we wanted to get in one more ride.  We had to bundle up a little bit, and we were somewhat rushed as I had to run to Wal-Mart after the air pump broke while I was airing up the tires, but we still had a nice ride on what turned out to be a beautiful day.

We had a scheduled date night for tonight, so as we usually do, we dropped the kids off at Mom and Ron's.  We didn't have a specific reservation, so we were able to hang out for a bit before we left, and Meghan read with Hannah, and Ron had fun with Clara.

Meghan and I both like sushi.  On a date night last year we tried Sushi House and weren't overly impressed.  Tonight we tried Ra, and it was much better.  Meghan loves spicy tuna rolls, and unlike Sushi House, Ra didn't disappoint.  She doesn't like tempura sushi, and she even said the tempura here was the best (least bad?) she's ever had.  Like at the Sushi House, she struggled with the chopsticks.  I decided that as a girl who enjoys sushi, she really should know how to use them.  It's imperative that I know, as I'm occasionally in business situations where I need to use them, and thankfully I do know how (My dad taught me when I was a kid, as we sometimes went out to eat at Korean restaurants. He also taught me that although bulgogi and kegogi sound similar, they have one key difference, depending on how you feel about domesticated animals.), so I spent a little more time in this session teaching her, and it paid off, as by the end of the meal she was successfully using her chopsticks like a pro, or at least like an average sushi-eater, which is certainly good enough.  I was really proud of her!  The food was great, and the ambiance was awesome (more my thing than hers), so the next time we go out for sushi, we'll probably be headed back to Ra.

No comments:

Post a Comment