Sunday, November 2, 2014

Springing Forward into Fall

Today I had planned to mow the back yard, but when I went out to do it, I realized there were a whole lot of leaves on the ground.  In some previous years I took the lazy alternative to raking, and I just mowed them up, but that usually doesn't really get all of them.  So for the past couple years I've done the responsible thing and tried to rake the majority of them up first before mowing.  I decided this was a task that called for Joshua's help, so I enlisted him, and he made sure to get his K-State hat before coming out to help me.

After I raked the leaves into two main piles, I did what any responsible parent would do:  I encouraged my kid to jump in them.  Joshua was more than happy to accommodate, and he repeatedly jumped into the pile, and I dutifully raked it back into a tall heap each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment