Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Pie in Five

I had the rare opportunity to meet up with my friends from my old church group tonight. Typically we meet at Buffalo Wild Wings, but we switched it up tonight be going to Pie Five. It's a new concept restaurant in which you go up to the counter and order a personal pizza, either from a list of several suggested ones, or you can choose all your ingredients to have them make exactly what you want (similar to what you'd do at Subway), and then it goes on a conveyor belt thingy through a super hot oven. You then move along the line toward the end where the register is, and within five minutes (supposedly, though I didn't time it to verify), your pizza is done and you pay and get your pizza. A (pizza) pie in five (minutes). Pie Five. It's surprising to me that someone hasn't already done this by now. It's probably one of those things that now we'll see a million versions of, as everyone realizes it's a good concept. The pizza was really good, too. Jeremy and Nathan were the only two that could make it tonight besides me, but it was great to see them again, as it's probably been five or six months since we last met. We really need to try to find time to do it more often, and I certainly wouldn't mind if we go back there when we next meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment