Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Making Good Progress

Reading is really important to me (maybe not as much to Natalie, but she is my favorite reading companion). I think reading books makes me a better person than I otherwise would be and I also find it very enjoyable. The past few years, I have met my reading goals, but only because I set very realistic ones. I definitely didn't have the time to read as much as I wanted. In 2011 and 2012, I was only in the single digits, which I was not happy with. Last year I was able to do a bit more, but still very modest. This year I doubled my goal from last year, which was kind of ambitious. I am only one book from reaching that goal. I really think I am going to do it. It is a really long book and I have been reading it since August because fall is so insanely busy for our family. At least the kids are in gymnastics though because that gives me guaranteed reading time every week. I planned my books knowing I would have very little time starting in September and I am glad I realized that. But I am really excited that I am very close to meeting my goal. I don't really think I can increase it again until the kids are in school, but I feel like for now I am happy with it and I am glad to have that time for personal improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment