Monday, November 17, 2014

Gymnastics for Joshua


Today, as he does every Monday, Joshua went to gymnastics. He started about a month ago and so far he is really enjoying it. I wasn't sure because there is a lot of listening to instructions and obeying, but I would say that he enjoys it more than any other sport he has tried. One of the reasons for this is Coach Tyler. Joshua really likes him because he is young, so as far as Joshua is concerned he's like the cool older brother he'll never have. Also, since he is a guy, I think he thinks all the things they do are automatically tough and cool. Concentration is a bit of a challenge because his class is on Monday nights and there are many other classes going on at the same time so there is a lot to be distracted by. But he is doing pretty well with it and there are a few other boys in his class too, which is nice. He was pretty disappointed to learn this week that Coach Tyler wasn't coming to his birthday party. However, Coach Tyler is the preschool director at the gym so it's his real job, so he coaches probably 100 other kids as well and much of that is during the day on Saturdays so I am not sure it was really feasible, though I did not have a chance to ask him because I only learned of Joshua's strong desire to have him there the day before the party. But I am glad it's going well. We'll probably stick with this until spring and then I will give him an option to continue or try another sport. I'll be really curious what he decides to do at that point.

1 comment:

  1. That's great he is liking it so far- it was definitely my favorite and I still like watching it on TV.
    Maybe this will help him get out his urge to swing on things (the bar in gymnastics instead of the chandelier) :)

    ReplyDelete