Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday

Despite the fact that I have been a church-going Christian for pretty much my entire life, I have never been to a Good Friday service. And neither has Jason, as far as he can remember.  This is surprising because almost any church has one. We decided we wanted to go this year. This is me and Hannah and Joshua walking into the church. We weren't really sure what to expect and we also have nothing to compare it to, but it was a really great service. I was a lot of scripture and music and then it culminated with sins being nailed to a life-size cross and then set on fire to symbolize the fact that Jesus paid for all our sins with his death on the cross. And then the service ended in darkness and silence. We really enjoyed it and will definitely try to go again in future years.

No comments:

Post a Comment