Saturday, April 19, 2014

G&G's Arrival and a Culver's/Park Date Day

Today was the day I've been excited about for a long time: Grandpa and Grandma officially arrived from Iowa for their first official day as denizens of Olathe.  Clara and I had a date day, and it worked out that we were able to meet Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Brent, Mom, and Ron at the new house to be there when Grandpa and Grandma walked in it for the first time.  They seemed to like it quite a bit, and I'm really excited to have them living so close to us.

After we left there, Clara and I went to get lunch.  The weather was fantastic today, so I wanted to eat outside.  Clara said she wanted a "hamber" (Joshua calls it a "hangaber" in one of the few remaining words that he doesn't yet pronounce correctly), fries, and "bubbly", which is what they call pop, which is a special treat for them.  But I guess they've caught on that they usually get it on date days, because she asked for it like she knew it would happen.  Anyway, Culver's has those things and outdoor seating, so we went there and had yummy butterburgers (as they call them), crinkly fries, bubbly, and even a little frozen custard.

Clara loves parks, and as I mentioned, the weather was great.  So it was an obvious choice.  She wanted to climb the rope ladder, which was a little surprising to me since it looks like it would be scary for her, but she made it almost to the top, thanks to her determination, which you can clearly see on her face in the right-hand picture above (just a blog reminder: you can click on any picture to see a larger version of it).

She was interested in trying the various features of the play equipment.  She went down the slide approximately 400 times, and she tried the sliding zipline thing (I held her up) but didn't love it, and she liked the spinning orange circle thing (I'm guessing these things have actual names, but I have no idea what they are).


Finally, we climbed the big rock structure and took one last picture before heading home for naptime for her and mowing time for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love her determination face, how adorable! Such great pictures of you two…how special to have those forever and ever!

    ReplyDelete